RE: [xsl] Dsiplayig xml in tables

Subject: RE: [xsl] Dsiplayig xml in tables
From: Phillip Nicolson <pjn3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 Mar 2004 09:44:50 +0000
Hi,

I am actually trying to display an astronomical workflow in a table. A
workflow will contain at it's root a sequence, which can then contain
other sequences, flows and steps. So a workflow may be something like:

sequence +

         +- flow + step
         |       + step
         |       + step

         +- step

         +- sequence +
         |           + flow + step
         |           |      + step
         |           |
         |           + step
.... etc

I then want to be able to display this to the user.
I can find examples of displaying catalogues etc. where the number of
columns is known so a table can be built and populated, however
depending on how the user constructs a workflow I have no idea how
deeply nested it will be, how many sequences/flows/steps it contains.

Thanks again

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 10:15, Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I am trying to display xml in a table where I do not know how many
> > rows/columns the data will use. A sample of the xml is attached. I am
> > sure this is something very basic - but I've looked around for a few
> > days and not got anywhere!
>
> What sort of table do you want… or rather, what has been the problem you've been struggling with—could you show us the stylesheet you've so far and tell what's the problem?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jarno - Chris C: The Zurich Mix

Phillip Nicolson
Department of Physics & Astronomy		Phone:	(0)116 2523581
University of Leicester				Email:	pjn3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Leicester        LE1 7RH			Web:	http://www.astrogrid.org