RE: [xsl] Trouble with namespaces and running identity transform on XHTML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Trouble with namespaces and running identity transform on XHTML
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:29:43 -0000
# Doesn't that seriously compromise the usefulness of
# the XSLT 2.0 spec having an XHTML output method in the
# first place?

It would be nice if there were no disconnects between all the different
specs in the XML family, but we live in an imperfect world. Just as
implementers have managed to bridge the gap between the DOM and XPath data
models, I'm sure they will manage to bridge this much smaller gap too. We
can't be totally prescriptive about it: remember that we don't even require
that the result tree submitted to the XHTML output method should contain
anything resembling XHTML.

Michael Kay