RE: [xsl] Output XML to Browser for viewing

Subject: RE: [xsl] Output XML to Browser for viewing
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:38:13 +0200
Hi,

> I'm interested in outputing XML to the browser as HTML for
> viewing.  I would
> like to create indents, give color to nodes and attributes,
> and so on.  If
> I'm getting real fancy, I would be interested in creating
> collapsible nodes,
> but not a requirement up front.
> I know that IE lets you browse an XML document quite nicely,
> but that is not
> what I am after.  I want to kick it out into HTML... if you

Actually, both IE and Mozilla use XSLT to turn the input XML document into HTML/XHTML and collapsing nodes is implemented with DOM manipulation via JavaScript. For example, see the comm.jar in Mozilla Firefox, the pretty print stylesheet is XMLPrettyPrint.xsl.

Cheers,

Jarno - VNV Nation: Fragments (splinter)