[xsl] Using the document function with external documents stored in a database

Subject: [xsl] Using the document function with external documents stored in a database
From: Björn Boxstart <Boxstart@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:35:51 +0100
Hello all,

I need to perform an XSL-T transformation from Java with Xalan. The challenge is that there are two XML documents involved and that both XML documents are stored in a mysql database. One of the XML documents is the main documents (in the original language). The other document contains a translated version of the source document.

I would like to output a combination of both documents in HTML by using an XSL-T transformation. However I don't want to store the secondary document on the file system of the server before execution of the transformation.

I have two questions:
1. Is it possible to let the document function use a DOM object stored in memory, or an XML document stored in a database?
2. If not... Is it possible to pass a DOM object as a parameter to an XSL-T transformation?

Thanks in advance for your reaction!

Bjvrn