Re: [xsl] template matching, passing parameters.

Subject: Re: [xsl] template matching, passing parameters.
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:59:48 -0500
Hi Chris,

You can certainly apply-templates to a node higher in the tree than your current node; when you do, as always, the current node and context shift to the selected node. And you can pass parameters when doing this.

When you do this, however, you probably want to use a mode in some fashion to avoid an infinite processing loop.

You can also pass a node-set (a higher node or any nodes at all) into a named template as a parameter when you call it, and base the operations in the named template on the parameterized node(s) rather than on the current node. So there actually is a solution lurking there.

I hope this helps. Ask again if you need to see syntax.

Cheers,
Wendell