Re: [xsl] XML Topic Maps

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML Topic Maps
From: B Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:58:17 -0500
At 8:30 AM -0500 4/2/04, M V wrote:
Has anyone here worked on projects using XML Topic Maps?

I have several projects on my schedule for which the XTM concept would be quite helpful, but I'm trying to gauge how active and stable the community and standard is. Also, the concept looks like it can get very complex very quickly. Any horror stories? Any happy ending stories?

Topic Maps are an interesting subject, but off topic for XSL-List.

Having said that, let me point you to the aggregated Extreme Markup
Languages proceedings at: http://www.idealliance.org/papers/extreme03/
which include several excellent papers on Topic Maps, including:

http://www.idealliance.org/papers/extreme03/html/2003/Degler01/EML2003Degler01.html

http://www.idealliance.org/papers/extreme03/html/2003/Passin01/EML2003Passin01.html

http://www.idealliance.org/papers/extreme03/html/2002/Mason01/EML2002Mason01.html

http://www.idealliance.org/papers/extreme03/html/2002/Nishikawa01/EML2002Nishikawa01.html

-- Tommie
B. Tommie Usdin mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com 17 West Jefferson Street Phone: 301/315-9631
Suite 207 Direct Line: 301/315-9634
Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML