[xsl] embedded php tags in xml

Subject: [xsl] embedded php tags in xml
From: "Jeffrey Moss" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 15:07:28 -0600
I have a source document I am running through a stylesheet that has this in
it:

<nbn:template xmlns:nbn="nbn:namespace"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>
<DIV CLASS="content">
 <?php
   print 'Content ('.__FILE__.')';
 ?>

This is the default action content template.

</DIV>
</nbn:template>

I have some default templates set up to handle items in the xhtml and nbn
namespaces, normally anything without a namespace is part of the xhtml
namespace by default in my xsl stylesheet, and all nodes in this namespace
match a xhtml:* template.

-------
When I run it through xsltproc with verbose debugging, it spits this out:

xsltApplyTemplates: node: DIV
xsltApplyTemplates: list of 3 nodes
xsltProcessOneNode: no template found for text
xsltDefaultProcessOneNode: copy text

xsltCopyText: copy text

xsltProcessOneNode: no template found for php
xsltProcessOneNode: no template found for text
xsltDefaultProcessOneNode: copy text

This is the default action content template.

Now it looks like everything with a ? falls into a different namespace? Or
is that some special instruction?
Ideally I'd like this to just copy right over, as if it were an ordinary
XHTML tag.

Also, I was curious about embedding php code in my xsl stylesheets, I
suppose I need to use [CDATA[ , if anybody is familiar with this I would
appreciate any input.

-Jeff Moss