RE: [xsl] Problem with rendering of &#160

Subject: RE: [xsl] Problem with rendering of &#160
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:01:47 +0200

Hi,

<snip />
> ... however the XSL automatically inputs
> <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-16"> after
> the header.   Changing the Content
> value to iso-8859-1 results in the correct rendering of the A0.
> Where does
> the XSL derive this META tag
> value from?  I've included an XML sample and the XSL code below.

Well, my gut feeling would certainly be to try and force the encoding
yourself through adding a META tag, rather than let your processor decide.
Since the HTML Rec requires one there anyway, I'd guess it's up to the
processor to choose one (so implementation-dependent)...

>From the XSLT 1.0 spec 16.2 HTML Output :
<quote>
The encoding attribute specifies the preferred encoding to be used. If there
is a HEAD element, then the html output method should add a META element
immediately after the start-tag of the HEAD element specifying the character
encoding actually used.
</quote>

Hope this helps!

Cheers,