Re: [xsl] Importing multiple XML files into one XML file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Importing multiple XML files into one XML file
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:56:59 +0100
> Well I have been trying this (assuming it is possible!)

It's not possible, an XML document can only have one <!DOCTYPE
declaration, and it has to be before the first element, consequently you
can not use a file that contains such a declaration as an external
parsed entity to be included into another document.

I wouldn't use entities for this: instead of getting the XML parser to
do the inclusions, get teh XSLT system to do them.

instead of

<!DOCTYPE EMPLOYEES
[
<!ENTITY dob-stuff SYSTEM "dob.xml">