Re: [xsl] text nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] text nodes
From: James Cummings <James.Cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:26:11 +0100 (BST)
Thanks to both David and Jarno for examples which
work on the test file I provided.  My problem now
is when I attempt (just changing element names) to
use this on the real file in question I get an
error message of:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

I've increased the amount of memory I'm giving saxon to the
maximum possible for that machine, in case that is what the
problem is.  The file in question isn't *huge* only about
a meg.

So I thought maybe breaking up the individual steps, so
did all the transformations I needed that were uncomplicated
in a separate xslt file as a first step.  That left me
with a slightly simpler structure:

<root>
<l>This is a line</l>
<l>This is a line</l>
<l>This is a line</l>
<l>10 This is a line</l>
<l>This is a line</l>
<l>2000 This is a line</l>
<l>This is a line</l>
<l>about 10000 more lines</l>
</root>

But I still get the same error. I'm missing something
obvious, I'm sure, one of those days.  Suggestions?

-James
---
James dot Cummings at ota dot ahds dot ac dot uk