[xsl] quest

Subject: [xsl] quest
From: "C G" <quimera_09@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:38:00 +0100
Hi, I subscribed to the list hoping I would be able to work out some of the information I have found in my PC, which I used to share. A few months back I was thrown at the deep end when I noticed not everything was at it seemed in my PC. I am a scientist but not in the IT area so my knowledge of programming was practically null. I have aquired some general ideas on what are embedded objects, java language, tags etc but I find it very difficcult to learn how to deal with these things,investigate them, open them. I wish I had the time to dedicate myself to learn, but I don't.
I wander if any of the knowledgeable peole out there would care to help me, so far it has been like pushing a rock up a hill.
The information I have found has had quite an impact on my life, so it is by no means a trivial situation (it is not to do with pornography). Although my PC was accessed remotely (hacker?), I am not convicd that a hacker would be able or interested in doing certain things on a remote PC.  I  don't know what things are possible and which are not.I appologise if this is the wrong forum for this post but I don' know where to turn for help

many thanks

Claudia