RE: [xsl] feed reader problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] feed reader problem
From: VENKATA_SRIPADA/SCI/STUDENT/ODU%ODU <VENKATA_SRIPADA/SCI/STUDENT/ODU%ODU@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:10:16 -0400
hi
   i'm trying to do the same thing...infact i give the user the option of
choosing the feeds....then i retrive all the corresponding links from a
database and appply xsl to it.....i want to present each feed data in a
tabular column ....can i place these tables side by side instead of one
below the other....one more thing i get an error when i try to put a table
tag in my xsl....is there any special format for it...i can post my servlet
& xsl code along with the url of a working demo.....

thank you

raj

Yes it is possible.
I've not used a servlet, just plain java to fetch the url's listed
in an external file (ease of updates), then xslt to transform them
into HTML for viewing. Input files are passed in as a token seperated
string, through which I iterate to pull the source files.
  Hacks 0.91, 0.92 1.0 and atom syntax so far.

regards DaveP

i'm currently developing a very simple RSS feed
reader....for this i've written a java servlet that would
get the feed and apply the xsl which also given as input in
the prgm.i'm fetching many RSS feeds and applying the same
Syle sheet to all of them .....now i want to present to
user in a better way.....may be  a table for every channel
i fetch....when i'm trying to apply logic... i'm having
problem.......i can post my java code and xsl code...i want
to present the data to user like the site www.fyuze.com
does....so i want to know if it is achievable using a java
servlet prgm and xslt style sheet.....any kind of advice is
appreciated