RE: [xsl] Add attribute to all node

Subject: RE: [xsl] Add attribute to all node
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:50:33 +0100
> Michael Kay wrote:
> > It should add the attribute to every element, but you're
> relying on a very
> > obscure features of the spec. (Which processor are you
> using? Some are
> > better than others at implementing obscure features correctly.)
> >
> > match="//*" ... has a higher
> > default priority than match="*"
>
> That is, 0.5 vs. -0.5. (I think.) I can see default
> priorities being an
> obscure feature to users, but am kind of surprised they are
> obscure to
> implementors. ;-}

Well, for at least a year Saxon stripped off any leading "//" from a pattern
as noise before computing the default priority. Some things lurk so quietly
in the spec they take a while to be discovered. Thanks to this list, the
quirk is now well known, but there are implementors who aren't seen very
often on this list.

Michael Kay