Re: [xsl]Transforming XML to XSL-FO by XSLT in java

Subject: Re: [xsl]Transforming XML to XSL-FO by XSLT in java
From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 09:10:16 -0400
>  I am using xalan-j for converting XML + XSLT -->
>XSL-FO from the command prompet using following
>syntax,
>java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN Furniture.xml
>-XSL Furniture.xsl -OUT Furniture.fo
>
>But I want to use this type of conversion process
>using JAVA coding. Can you guide me to attain XSL-Fo
>output using JAVA code.

Xalan supports the TrAX APIs, which allow you to invoke it from other
programs. Some small samples are included with the Xalan package, and
there's some documentation on Xalan's website (
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/); see the "sample apps" and "usage patterns"
pages as a starting point.

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk