Re: [xsl] Access Margin Settings

Subject: Re: [xsl] Access Margin Settings
From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 10:28:50 -0500
Rhodri Davies wrote:

Hi
Can anyone please tell me how you can access in the flow of a xsl template
the margin settings of the page being currently rendered

It's not clear what you mean by "access"--do you mean in the XSLT processing context or as expressions used in FO property values?

If you mean in the XSLT context, use global variables to hold all the page geometry values and then use those in your layout masters and wherever else you need them. The Docbook FO-generation XSLTs have a pretty good example of this type of parameterization.

If you mean in the FO context through expressions, I'm not sure you can, although it's nothing I've ever tried to do. See section 5.10.4 Property Value Functions in the FO spec. For example, inherited-property-value() might get you the margins on the page, but it might not. The complicating factor is that layout masters are not part of the direct ancestry of fo:page-sequence, but are used by reference from page sequences, so I'm not sure what the expected behavior would be in that case.

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber