[xsl] Removing namespaces

Subject: [xsl] Removing namespaces
From: Marcus Andersson <marcus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 22:00:14 +0200
(Sorry for my previous mail. Sent it before it was complete)

For some reason I get two namespaces in my output that isn't wanted at all (since they cause the result not to validate). The namespaces are:

xmlns:db="urn:#MyHelperToGetData"
xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt

I am using these two namespaces for node-set() and some other stuff. But they are only used in the XSLT context and shouldn't be outputted to the result.

I have the following stylesheet element in my xslt:

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0"
xmlns:db="urn:#MyHelperToGetData"
xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt">

and the following output element:

<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="iso-8859-1" omit-xml-declaration="no" indent="yes"
doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN/"
doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"/>

The root element of the result is declared (in the stylesheet) simply as:

And still I get the following root element in the output:

How do I make those two namespace declarations disappear?

I am using MSXML3

/Marcus