Re: [xsl] Slightly OT: Java XPointer Impls and isNameChar() Impl?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Slightly OT: Java XPointer Impls and isNameChar() Impl?
From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:05:48 -0500
And while I'm asking for Java stuff, does anybody know of any Java code that will try to guess the character encoding of a file? I couldn't find anything like this in, for example, the IBM ICU4J package nor in the standard Java I/O classes. What I'm looking for is the ability to determine the original encoding of a file so I can both record what it is and use that same encoding later if I have to, for example, rewrite and re-serialize an XML document (where the document doesn't declare its encoding).

Thanks,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber