[xsl] What is the best approach for doing.....

Subject: [xsl] What is the best approach for doing.....
From: Julian Voelcker <asp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:00:04 GMT
Thanks for the responses to my query regarding Cross Referencing, I
think it will help, however I am still trying to finalise my approach
to something and would appreciate some feedback.

I am writing a desktop application for creating legal document that
basically starts off with merging (transforming) a main template with
data (available as XML) to produce an editable document.

The user is then presented with the document using a built in editor so
they can tweak the layout.

During the editing stage they might want to re-process the page to
update the table of contents, page numbers and cross referencing.

Now I have pretty well decided that the best approach for the merge is
to do an XSLT/XML transform, passing the resultant html to the editor.

In order to update the cross referencing, can I just take the html out
of the editor, reprocess it and pass it back?

It is worth pointing out that the number of cross references will vary
according to the input data.

Does that make sense?

Any suggestions?
--