Re: [xsl] What is the best approach for doing.....

Subject: Re: [xsl] What is the best approach for doing.....
From: Julian Voelcker <asp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:00:03 GMT
Hi David,

On Wed, 12 May 2004 11:38:24 +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> Wouldn't your users have a more pleasant experience if they could author
> an xml source and just use named links and xrefs and just "know" that
> the system will generate a correctly linked/numbered document at the end
> rather than in a system where they are looking at a link to "paragraph
> 2" which should now be paragraph 3 as something has been inserted?

The end users aren't technical and will be working on complex legal wills
- they will be provided with a correctly linked version of the merged
document, however in the previous version of the application they often
had to add in or remove clauses because the templates weren't detailed
enough, but since it was based around WordPerfect they could rebuild the
TOCs and update the cross references at the press of a button.

The new application is to be word processor independent so I need to be
able to build the functionality to do the updating.  However in reality we
are also doing major work on the templates so that it is highly unlikely
that they are going to need to change much on the final merged document.
--
Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
United Kingdom