Re: [xsl] killing xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] killing xslt
From: Bob Foster <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 23:40:04 -0500
Pieter Reint Siegers Kort wrote:
Like David, I would be interested in setting up an open source project but
would prefer using C#, VS.NET 2003, to do the port from Saxon 7.9.1. Not on
my own, of course... :-)

That does sound interesting and eminently doable.

However, Saxon 7.9.1 is not XSLT 2.0. Specifically, it does not have validation and the strong type assignment that results from validation. To quote the website: "A schema-aware version of the product is planned: this will be a commercial product available from Saxonica Limited."

I don't know exactly how this would affect the ability to deliver a fully functional XSLT 2.0 for .NET based on Saxon.

Bob Foster
http://xmlbuddy.com/