[xsl] namespace issue

Subject: [xsl] namespace issue
From: Jonathan Kart <jkart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 00:01:56 -0700
Hi all,

I have a namespace problem I can't figure out.

my xsl stylesheet declaration looks like this:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; xmlns:dt="http://xsltsl.org/date-time"; >

then further on in the stylesheet i have various templates which use div tags. for example:

<xsl:template match = "E-Mail_Addresses" >
		<xsl:apply-templates select="Type" />
		<xsl:apply-templates select="Address" />
</xsl:template>

the xml (for the E-Mail_Addresses element) looks like:

<E-Mail_Addresses instance_uid = "34" >
	<Address >bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</Address>
	<Type >
		<option>-Select a Type-</option>
		<option value="4" >Home</option>
		<option value="3" selected="1">Work</option>
	</Type>
</E-Mail_Addresses>

the resulting xhtml looks like:

I'm not worried about the inner spans. They're handled by other templates which seem to be doing their jobs. What I don't know is why the xmlns attribute is being inserted into the div element.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
-jonathan kart