Re: [xsl] PDF File Attachment

Subject: Re: [xsl] PDF File Attachment
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:39:54 +0200
Michael Jones wrote:
I'm trying to include a static pdf file in a pdf file that I'm dynamically generating. I was wondering if this is possible?

The usual answer: it depends.

I thought it would be similar to the <fo:external-graphic src="logo.jpg"/>
however after searching high and low I have yet to find this sort of
functionality.

There is no standardized way to fetch content from a PDF for inclusion into the result in XSLFO. If your FO processor allows PDF as image format, it may be possible to use fo:external-graphic, but you are bound by the same restrictions as images. You should look into your FO processor's manual for more details or alternative approaches, or at least tell us which processor you are using.

The standard answer to the initial problem is using a library like
iText to merge your dynamically generated PDF with the static content.

J.Pietschmann