RE: [xsl] XSL node reference problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL node reference problem
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:06:03 +0200

Hi,

> <xsl:for-each select="$var1">
>   <xsl:copy-of select="./value"/>
>   <xsl:value-of select="./value"/>
>   <xsl:value-of select="*/value"/>
>   <xsl:copy-of select="*/value"/>
> </xsl:for-each>
>
> no-one of these lines give me a result ...

That is because in the chercheNode template:

> <xsl:template name="chercheNode">
>   <xsl:param name="nom"/>
>   <xsl:value-of select="descendant::*[ (self::struct or self::scalar) and
> label =$nom ]"/>
> </xsl:template>

you use value-of. If you use copy-of here, you'll find yourself closer to
the solution.

BTW: I'm not really sure why your variable is constructed by a
call-template.

It just seems like you could just as easily write:

<xsl:variable name="tata" select="descendant::*[
                            (self::struct or self::scalar)
                              and label='tata']" />

maybe replace the literal string with another variable/param.

Your variable will already be a node-set, so no need to convert it using
ext:node-set().

HTH!

Greetz,

Andreas