[xsl] preserving XHTML from XML source

Subject: [xsl] preserving XHTML from XML source
From: "Zakon, Stuart" <stuart_zakon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:28:44 -0400
<HTML>
<BODY>
We want to embed some XHTML in an XML source that will be transformed to
XHTML. In particular we want to display messages that have some text bolded.

The XML looks like this
<Messages>
	<Message>Some text <b>with bolding</b> to display.</Message>
	<Message>Another message</Message>
</Messages>

When using Xalan-J under XML Spy, the bolding can be preserved using the
following template:

	<!-- To display summary messages -->
	<xsl:template match="Message">
				<xsl:copy-of select="text()|*"/>
	</xsl:template>

However, when running under Websphere 5.0, which also uses Xalan-J, the
portion of text inside the <b> </b> tags is not copied to the output, nor
are the tags. The result is:

instead of:

Is there a better way to do this?

Stuart Zakon

<P><hr size=1></P>
<P><STRONG>This e-mail message and any attachments contain confidential information from Medco. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronic information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply message and then delete the electronic message and any attachments.</STRONG></P>
</BODY>
</HTML>