[xsl] XSLT-Numerical character entity output

Subject: [xsl] XSLT-Numerical character entity output
From: "Steve Lloyd" <steve.lloyd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:23:57 +0100
I am trying to generate an xhtml+mathml document in which the more esoteric maths characters are represented in the output by their decimal numeric entities rather than the character.
I thought I'd got the solution with the 'saxon:character-representation' attribute on <xsl:output>.

I use:
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" encoding="utf-8" saxon:character-representation="decimal"/>

...but am still not getting entities on output of characters such as #8477.

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?

--
Steve Lloyd, XML Developer-Editorial Production Dept.
International Baccalaureate Organisation