Re: [xsl] Escape caracters

Subject: Re: [xsl] Escape caracters
From: Ramkumar Menon <ram.menon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 19:54:08 +0530
Neil,
I suppose you are referring to entity references here. I think the XML parser should have resolved all entity references in your XML that was imported [ I hope that was what you meant by "query to create an XML Document"] from the Database. So the Parsed XML Doc that is passed as the source tree for the XSLT wouldn't have any of these.

-Menon

SMITH Neil wrote:

Hi all!
I have a little problem with the transformation of text that was entered via a web page and stored in a DB that I query to create an XML document. This document is then parsed with XSL to HTML.
The thing is that in the DB, escape caracters (not even sure if that's what they should be called) such as " are stored like this : &quot;. Is it possible to convert all these into 'normal' text during the transformation? How can I do this?

Thanks a lot for your help
Best regards,
Neil.

Neil Smith Analyste Programmeur Universiti de Fribourg Av. de l'Europe 20 CH - 1700 Fribourg Til. +41 26 300 7091