Re: [xsl] Performance Question: Expensive Functions in Predicates

Subject: Re: [xsl] Performance Question: Expensive Functions in Predicates
From: Niclas Hedhman <niclas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:27:04 +0800
On Thursday 27 May 2004 23:35, Eliot Kimber wrote:
> I have a general question about predicting performance in the general
> case. I know that the best answer is "try it and see" but I'm wondering
> if there's a general principle that can guide design in this particular
> case.

If "applicability" are extensive checks, the work load is high and
"non-applicable" results in node reduction, I have found it more efficient
and not too complicated to create a parsing filter instead, prior to the XSLT
processing.

I.e. Parse the StreamSource to a SAX filter, which is also generates SAX out
and use that filter as the SAXSource for the transformer.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /