[xsl] Doctype and namespaces in source/generated files

Subject: [xsl] Doctype and namespaces in source/generated files
From: Mayo <mayo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 14:34:11 -0700
Hello,

I'm trying to process and output xhtml documents, but I'm having some problems with namespaces. Each source document has extra namespace(s) (other than the xhtml one) for custom tags (the ones that the xslt stylesheet will be processing).

The xslt I'm using matches elements in undefined namespaces, and copies those into the output, and processes the elements in my custom namespaces. (In other words I want to copy everything other than my custom namespaces, and process what's not copied)

the match rule i'm using is:
<xsl:template match="*[not(namespace-uri())]">
than I simply xsl:copy, and apply templates. This prevents me to specify DOCTYPE or namespaces for xhtml in the source documents, as as soon as I specify them (in the source documents) the match rule will stop working, and strips all my xhtml out.

My quesiton is, is there a better way to do this, or is there any easy way that I can manipulate what namespaces/doctypes the output files will have? (I want to strip out my custom namespaces, preserve any other ones, add the xhtml one, as well as add a doctype to the generated document).

Ideally, I would like to specify doctype and all the proper namespaces in the source files.

I've been looking over the "XHTML to XHTML transform" (http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200404/ threads.html#00067) thread from few months ago, but I can't seem to figure out how the input/output namespaces (and doctype) were handled there.

thanks,
Mayo Jordanov