RE: [xsl] encoding shift_jis into an attribute

Subject: RE: [xsl] encoding shift_jis into an attribute
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:20:23 -0400
Matthew,

This works, but it won't work in all processors and all processing architectures; and generally speaking we frown on applications of XSLT to write tags. :-> (Now I've said that I feel free to let you do whatever you want.)

Of course, saxon:disable-output-escaping has the same limitation, but it's more explicit about it. You said it puts out the plain Unicode. Does it do this even if the xsl:output encoding is (say) ASCII?

Cheers,
Wendell