RE: [xsl] xslt processers for Windows NT - recommendations ? whic h is the best ?

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt processers for Windows NT - recommendations ? whic h is the best ?
From: Pieter Reint Siegers Kort <pieter.siegers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:20:54 -0500
Hi Abhi,

Some questions arise... Which NT environment do you use? Is your target
using .NET?

Anyway, apart from being able to use MSXML 4.0, or XslTransform, other
options are using Java based implementations like Saxon, or Xalan.

Personally I am using MSXML 4.0 and it works pretty well for me sofar. I
also use XslTransform and it does the job fairly well also. I most of the
time use Xselerator for the development of stylesheets using MSXML 4.0 and
then use XslTransform under .NET to implement them. Works great sofar.

I do not work with huge source documents, but if you are then XslTransform
may or may not give you some problems (according to a recent post) - in that
case using MSXML 4.0 as a COM component is an option or a Java based XSLT
processor if you do not use .NET or COM.

HTH,
<prs/>