Re: [xsl] tokenize function

Subject: Re: [xsl] tokenize function
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 05:00:49 -0600
Hi Sarra,

What processor are you using for your transformation?  And what are you
using to validate it?  I must admit I'm not an XMLSpy user myself but unless
you are using Saxon 7.9.1 as your XSLT processor within the XMLSpy
environment and XMLSpy is validating the stylesheet against an XSLT 2.0
compliant schema (doubtful unless you yourself set it up to do so...  I
don't believe it comes preconfigured to support 2.0 transformations...
Anybody know different?)

As far as the xsl namespace URI is concerned you should leave it the way it
is and only change the version attribute value to 2.0.  As a matter of fact
Michael Kay responded to a similar post a few days ago.  Normally I would
suggest that you search the archives or FAQ
(http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/index.html) but this was within reach from my
inbox so I will just quote it for you (with credit to Michael of course :)

"It is recommended that you set version="2.0" on a stylesheet that is making
use of new 2.0 features, and leave it at "1.0" otherwise.

An XSLT 2.0 processor will handle a stylesheet that specifies "1.0" slightly
differently from one that specifies "2.0" - it will invoke backwards
compatibility mode which gives weaker type checking. However a 2.0 processor
won't prevent a stylesheet using 2.0 features just because it specifies 1.0
in the header.

Michael Kay"

I hope this helps you get things figured out!

Best of luck!

<M:D/>