XPathAPI question

Subject: XPathAPI question
From: Ling Kok Choon <kokchoon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:57:09 +0800
Hi all,

   I am using Xalan XPathAPI to get the nodes in a XML file. May i know how to restrict the
number of child nodes when we use the XPathAPI.selectNodeList() method ?

for example, this xml file :

<books>
  <book>bookA</book>
  <book>bookB</book>
  <book>bookC</book>
{about 2000 record}
</books>

so if we use XPathAPI.selectNodeList(doc, "/books/book"); the return NodeList object will
contains 2000 nodes right? will it eat up a lot of memory ? or it is any way to restrict the
number of nodes returned by this method ? For example, just return the nodes from position 1 to
positon 10 ? is it posible ?

Thank you.

regards,
Kok Choon.
Ling Kok Choon                         kokchoon@xxxxxxxx
Brel Software Pte Ltd                  Tel: 65-6272-6800
Blk 1003 Bukit Merah Central           Fax: 65-6272-2811
#07-01                                 http://www.brel.com
Singapore 159836                       06/11/04 13:57:10

           Pls call us for the following services
         Web Creation, Web, Email & Domain Hosting
           Java Devt B2B B2C ASP CMS E-Commerce