RE: [xsl] More mixed XML & HTML

Subject: RE: [xsl] More mixed XML & HTML
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:05:55 -0400
> From: Stephen Tredrea [mailto:stephen.tredrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> What I'm
> trying to do is create 'placeholders' in the XSL that will
> write all the appropriate HTML within the related node. What
> is does currently is write the HTML AND the XML tag so I see
> the HTML in the browset window.

You want to copy the contents of the head_sec and body_sec elements to
the output, elements and all, right?  Change from what you have to this
-

With this you can get rid of that catch-all template you have at the
end.  Make sure to include the "/*", otherwise the head_sec element will
be copied too, which is not what you want.

Notice that I changed from your "//head_sec"  to "/root/head_sec".  It
won't matter in your example because it is so samll, but in general,
don't use "//" unless you don't know where an element is located or you
need to select elements of any depth of nesting.  Using // forces the
processor to examine every branch all the way to its end, each time you
specify it.  That can take a long time for a large, complex document.

Cheers,

Tom P