RE: [xsl] namespace in html tags

Subject: RE: [xsl] namespace in html tags
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:16:06 -0400
> From: Stephen Tredrea [mailto:stephen.tredrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> What I'm doing is generating a whole lot of html fragments
> (as xml) by transforming xml source data (that uses the RDF
> and DC namespaces) using appropriate templates. These
> fragments I then wrap in xml tags corresponding the
> placeholders in an xsl which is used to perform a final
> transform to xhtml.
>
> For example, the "<h1>Hello world</h1>" output below would
> get wrapped in a <heading> tag and then written to the final
> html using <xsl:copy-of select="/root/heading/*">

Got it, you were asking that about a few days ago, weren't you?

> I'm only interested (at this stage) in using namespaces in
> the source xml. Currently the only thing missing from the
> final HTML is the document type declaration simply because I
> don't know how to put it in. Baby steps - half the time I
> don't really know what I'm doing because I find it very confusing.

You put the declaration in using attributes in the xsl:output element.
Use the doctype-public and doctype-system attributes.

If you don't have it yet, I - we - (everyone else on the list would
agree, I know) suggest you get Mike Kay's reference book -

XSLT Programmer's Reference, 2nd edition, published by Wrox.

Wrox went out of business, but someone else picked it up and there
should still be copies available (probably used through Amazon, if
nothing else).  It's invaluable for looking up and finding about this
kind of detail.  It's very well organized so you can find what you want
easily.

Baby steps are the right way!

Cheers,

Tom P