Re: [xsl] Create separate rows in xsl:fo table

Subject: Re: [xsl] Create separate rows in xsl:fo table
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:35:13 +0100
At 2004-06-16 17:11 +0100, James Steven wrote:
This is no good as I need to create other rows below these <B> elements as I
am using them as headings.  I have seen examples using the Meunchian method
where </br> is used to put a value on a new line (see eg. below) but in the
fo:table I am working with I can only use <fo:table-row>.  What is the
equivalent of the <br/> tag using xsl:fo?

Any grouping method merely gives you the control to handle a heading and then handle the content.

I've posted a solution to your problem using the HTML vocabulary for tables since not everyone has XSL-FO and the short solution might be of interest. If you transliterate the HTML table constructs to XSL-FO table constructs, you'll probably get what you want with that example.

I'm just trying to underscore that any grouping method is *independent* of any target vocabulary, and there is *no* need for any kind of <br/> construct to use any grouping method.

I hope this helps.

--
Public training 3 days XSLT & 2 days XSL-FO: Phoenix,AZ 2004-08-23
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/