Re: [xsl] Reading value of passed variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] Reading value of passed variable
From: Mayo <mayo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:21:02 -0700
Wow, thanks for all the tips and comments.

I've got several new ideas to try out from all the comments, and another few that made me want to reconsider the lifetime of the document. What I was planning on doing is as follows:

Give a user set of variables (dynamic set, dynamic values) that they can work with. They create a document with these variables (possibly defining their own variables), and than the document will be processed with xslt. All of the variables and their values would be passed to the xslt processor (sablot in php in this case) at run time. The xsl would than do what it needs to with the document and process output.

That's also my reason behind letting users deal with xsl variables. I know it's generally not the best idea, but at the time, this looked like an ideal solution. Maybe some more thinking needs to be done.

Thanks,
Mayo Jordanov