Get Absolute XPath

Subject: Get Absolute XPath
From: "Samooo" <samooo_vc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:22:44 -0700
I am able to get the absolute XPath of an element in rendered chunk of XML.
The following template works fine.

  <xsl:template name="getAbsoluteXPath">
    <xsl:for-each select="ancestor-or-self::*">/*[<xsl:value-of
select="1+count(preceding-sibling::*)"/> </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:template>

But now I want to get the absolute XPath of an element w.r.t. the whole
document. I have this document in say variable curDoc.
<xsl:variable name="curDoc" select="document('c:\abc.xml')"/>

But am not redering the whole document. I am rendering only a part of this
document. When I call this GetAbsoluteXPath template, I can get correct
XPath related to rendered chunk using above template code. But now I want to
get teh XPath of an element inside the whole document. Please advice. I am
not able to explain this properly but I hope my question is clear. Thanks.

Sameer.