RE: [xsl] Writing an Var into a file

Subject: RE: [xsl] Writing an Var into a file
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:39:49 +0300
Hi,

> I have the Var calles $This.
>
> For debuging reasons I want to output the variable into a
> output XML file.
> The XML file is not the same as the general sytelsheets
> output. In the end I
> want to have two files. The general output, and the XML file including
> "$This".
>
> I was thinking about using something similiar to this:
>  <xsl:copy-of select="document('This.xml')/$This)"/>

"The document function allows access to XML documents other than the main source document." <http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#document>: access in this case mean reading, not writing. You can either use XSLT 2.0, use an extension to create multiple result trees, e.g. <http://exslt.org/exsl/elements/document/index.html>, or you could e.g. redirect xsl:message stream into a file.

Cheers,

Jarno