RE: [xsl] Calling a vb.net function from an xsl style sheet

Subject: RE: [xsl] Calling a vb.net function from an xsl style sheet
From: Pieter Reint Siegers Kort <pieter.siegers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:27:38 -0500
No, I meant that if you want to call client functions from your menu you
must use Javascript; and if you want to use Javascript to call server-side
functions (which are the vb.net functions you talked about - they run on the
server, not the client) then you could use Javascript to update a certain
control or the whole page. You could just point to the server page using the
good old <a href=""> and building the URL from your Javascript.

Anyway, what's got this to do with XSL or XSLT? This is an xsl-list, so I
repeat my question:

> I assume you have a menu generated by XML / XSLT?

I know I have such a menu on my web-site, generated from an XML file, using
System.Xml and a user control to output the menu with some Javascript that
runs on the client. If you want to ask questions about that approach then go
ahead :-) but if it isn't XSL related then you better post on another list.

HTH,
<prs/>
http://www.pietsieg.com