Testing for a following sibling node type that occurs at a varied position

Subject: Testing for a following sibling node type that occurs at a varied position
From: "Wright, Steve" <Steve.Wright@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:47:15 -0400
I wasn't sure on how else to phrase the subject, but here is what I need
help in figuring out:

I need to detect when a specific sibling node follows the context node in
the document order, the catch is that it is not always located the same
number of positions after the context node, if it were, something like this
would work:

following-sibling::node()[1][self::A]

Here is an XML example to illustrate my situation:

<root>

            <A>text</A>

            <B>text</B>

            <B>text</B>

            <B>text</B> (indicate this node based on following sibling 'A')

            <C>text</C>

            <C>text</C>

            <C>text</C>

            <A>text</A>

            <B>text</B>

            <B>text</B>

            <B>text</B>

            <B>text</B> (indicate this node based on following sibling 'A')

            <D>text</D>

            <D>text</D>

            <A>text</A>

            <B>text</B>

            <B>text</B> (indicate this node based on following sibling 'A')

            <C>text</C>

            <A>text</A>

            <B>text</B>

            <B>text</B>

            <B>text</B>

            <B>text</B> (indicate this node based on following sibling 'A')

            <C>text</C>

            <D>text</D>

            <D>text</D>

            <D>text</D>

            <C>text</C>

            <A>text</A>

</root>

I want to implement a feature that corresponds w/ the last 'B' node that
occurs before the next 'A' node.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.