ANN: Early beta release of Saxon.NET available for qualified testers

Subject: ANN: Early beta release of Saxon.NET available for qualified testers
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:56:45 -0600
Hello All,

We?re excited to announce that we have successfully compiled an early
beta release of Saxon.NET and are looking for testers who have an
existing code base of production XSLT 1.0 and 2.0 stylesheets who are
willing to trade test results and bug reports for access to the early
bits.  Some points to emphasize?

*** This is NOT a port to C#.  More information on how we implemented
this solution will be made available on Monday, July 5th, the same day
we send out the bits to qualified testers.

*** This is a VERY early release and as such should not be considered a
main stream solution that is ready to be put into main stream testing or
production.  There are several existing issues we already know about and
several I am sure will be uncovered over the next few weeks.

*** These bits WILL NOT be made available for general purpose download.
You must first qualify as an early release beta tester at which point a
password protected directory and beta testing project page will be set
up on the main project page.  You will be able to access the latest bits
from this area as well as submit test results and bugs directly into the
project beta test data base.

*** Until such time as we feel that the bits are ready for main stream
release we WILL NOT release them to the general public.  This includes
getting feedback from Michael Kay and whether he feels these bits are
ready for general consumption.  So, once again, this is not an
announcement of general availability but instead a call for testing
support by those interested in helping eradicate bugs as well as test
the performance of transformations, returning the results back to us so
that we can continue to develop and improve upon the bits, getting them
ready for a general public release sometime in the future.

*** As stated above, once you qualify as a tester the bits will be made
available on July 5th, 2004 at approximately 08:00 GMT.

If you would like to take part in the testing of this early beta release
please contact the project lead, Pieter Siegers, at psiegers@xxxxxxxxx
with ?Request for Saxon.NET early beta participation? as the subject.
Please include in the body of the email details of what version of XSLT
you will be testing (1.0, 2.0, or combination of both), what development
environments and languages your company uses (C#, VB.NET), and the email
of the main contact person within your organization in which we can
coordinate the details of participation in this early beta release.

Thanks in advance for your willingness to help bring the Saxon.NET
project closer to a Phase One release that will bring XSLT 2.0, XPath
2.0, and XQuery 1.0 to the .NET platform.

Best regards,

<M:D/>
 :: Announcing Saxon.NET (v.8.0-B) Java to C# and .NET Conversion
Project ::
 :: Be part of the project development at
http://www.x2x2x.org/x2x2x/home ::