FW: 2-step transformation

Subject: FW: 2-step transformation
From: "Robert Soesemann" <rsoesemann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:17:19 +0200
Hello,

what I am trying to do is create a breadcrumb trail based on a current
page id and a sitemap XML document. In my page.xml I have a placeholder
tag:

	<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="generate-breadcrumb.xsl"?>
	<add-breadcrumb pageid="ID5"/>    <--------- final breadcrumb
HTML fragment should go here

Based on its @pageid the first XSL(generate-breadcrumb.xsl) generates
this XML fragment:

	<breadcrumb>
    		<item url=""area1.xml" label="area1"/>
    		<item url=""area2.xml" label="area2"/>

    		<item url=""areaN.xml" label="areaN"/>

   	 	<page label="thisPage"/>
	</breadcrumb>

To do styling and truncation task based on the page width, I need to
send this fragment through a Second XSL (style-breadcrumb.xsl) which
generates the actual HTML fragment
which then be should placed in the page.xml.

How can I realise this 2-step transformation. Any ideas are welcome.

Best regards,

Robert