FW: [xsl] FW: 2-step transformation

Subject: FW: [xsl] FW: 2-step transformation
From: "Robert Soesemann" <rsoesemann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:25:16 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Soesemann
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 13:21 PM
To: 'xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [xsl] FW: 2-step transformation

Thanks a lot David for the long answer. But this doesn't solve my
problem.

I already had implemented a similar logic for the breadcrumb you are
describing. The problem is that i need to truncate the length of this
breadcrumb to a maxlength. (A thing you code does not do!)

Truncating the item depending on a maxLength and the total length of
thge breadcrumb string following the algorithm on
http://www.webspace-journey.de/breadcrumb_truncation.gif would be easy
if i would work with javascript arrays but I need to stay with XSL only.

But in XSL I have no arrays to iterate over again and again and no
global variables.

Any ideas how to solve this truncation thing.

Cheers Robert