AW: AW: AW: [xsl] commenting and documenting XSLT (small survey)

Subject: AW: AW: AW: [xsl] commenting and documenting XSLT (small survey)
From: <christof.hoeke@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:01:15 +0200
> > - It is quite an effort to write
>
> how can it be harder to write xml elements (especially if you
> are using
> an xml editor) than to write your suggested alternative, which is xml
> elements inside a comment?
>
> I agree that if you are writing simple one-liners then the smaller
> overhead of the comment syntax is often more appropriate, but that
> didn't appear to be what you were suggesting.
>
> > - very difficult to read (not meant to be readable at a
> glance but comments should be IMHO)
>
> ditto
>
> David

sorry, i probably did not make myself too clear, my fault. i am not suggesting
using XHTML or XML inside XML comments (although that is one method the xsldoc
app works but i would like to dump that as it is in only for historic
reasons).
rather i am suggesting using the ReST (being a markup but *not* an XML style
markup) format to use. i think something like:

a list
======
* item 1
* item 2

with some *emphasized* or ``tt`` text

is very readable and quite "writable" as well. it is just a nice way to write
comments and it quite easy to process into XHTML afterwards.

chris