Re: [xsl] Is it OK for xsl:output to affect the construction of an unserialized result tree?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is it OK for xsl:output to affect the construction of an unserialized result tree?
From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:32:01 -0400
BTW, given that the setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.METHOD, "xml") on the
Transformer can be used to override the value of the method attribute in
the xsl:output element, I think we're already pretty much where we need to
be. It *is* still a serialization, and things like the indentation
directive still come into play... but if you really want to see all the
elements that the stylesheet normally suppresses in text mode, you can get
'em.

All of this is personal opinion, not that of IBM or Apache or the
government of Outer Vardabedia. My apologies if I've missed anything
critical. But I really think we need to be able to unplug a
serialize-and-reparse connection and plug in direct pipelining, or split a
pipeline into serialize-and-parse, and expect to get something reasonably
close to The Same Result out the far end... and I think that's what the
customers will expect the default to be.

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk