RE: [xsl] Infinite Loop when param empty

Subject: RE: [xsl] Infinite Loop when param empty
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:48:04 +0100
> Woah!  That went way over my head Michael.
> So, in the example below It would be more standard to (as
> suggested by Dave
> and Wendell):
>
> <xsl:param name="ENTRY_TEMPLATE" select="/.."/>

It depends. Why do you want to give the parameter a default value? Do you
want the default to be different from any value that the user could supply?
What are you actually trying to achieve?

If the parameter is global, then

<xsl:param name="x" select="/"/>

means "use the value of x supplied by the caller; if the caller didn't
supply a value, use the root node of the principal source document." It's
perfectly legitimate to do that, I just find it hard to imagine a situation
where it would be useful.

Michael Kay