[xsl] using recult-document

Subject: [xsl] using recult-document
From: munna@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:05:55 -0500
Hello all,
I have the following stylesheet which essentially performs an identity transform on a given xml instance, producing a copy with only slight changes (the e.g. below has one of these -- stripping out the concluding punctuation from element 'onlyNum' -- but the actual stylesheet will have more). I would like to produce another document that records these changes, at least as a list containing the original and changed node. this can be either text or xml, something on the lines of:
<onlyNum>E345.</onlyNum> changed to <onlyNum>E345</onlyNum>
I have a feeling this could be done with xsl:result-document, but am not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Munna

-----------
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="no" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="/|@*|node()">
<xsl:copy>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="onlyNum">
	<onlyNum>
		<xsl:analyze-string select="." regex="^(\w+)(\s)*([.])(\s)*$" flags="m">
			<xsl:matching-substring>
				<xsl:value-of select="regex-group(1)" />
			</xsl:matching-substring>
		</xsl:analyze-string>
	</onlyNum>
</xsl:template>