[xsl] Ordering Mathmatical functions in XSLT

Subject: [xsl] Ordering Mathmatical functions in XSLT
From: "Rob and Holly Monson" <robnholly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:50:25 -0600
I'm trying to combine two sets of tests in one test line.

Basically, I'm trying to test the following:

If test="number($var1) &gt;= 6 and number($var1) &lt; 8
And if number($var2) &gt;= 9 or number($var2) &lt;= 5"

So how can I make XSLT do the determine if the first qualifiers for $var1 are
true and then see if the or qualifier for $var2 is correct in the same test?
In mathmatical function I could put () around them to make sure what was
inside was processed first.  Any thoughts on this?

Also Is there a between function?
Example: If test="number($var1) between 5 and 9

Thank you inadvance for you replies