Re: [xsl] Removing empty namespace definition from an element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Removing empty namespace definition from an element
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:56:10 +0100
I assume that you haven't shown the full output.
XSLT will only do this:

<parameters>
<parameter>$device.system.name$</parameter>
<parameter xmlns="">W

If the parameters element and the first parameter element are in some
namespace and the second parameter is in no-namespace.
(well actually it would be allowed to add redendant xmlns="" even if
that wasn't the case, but I've never seen an XSLT system do that)
So I assume that there is a namespace declaration on a parent element of
teh fragment you showed?

 <xsl:element name="parameter">

is generating a parameter element in no-namespace I assume that your
other elements are in a namespace perhaps copied from a source file.
The solution is to use that namespace here, either using teh namespace
attribute of xsl:element or more simply putting
xmlns="something" on xsl:stylesheet.

David

http://www.star.net.uk