Re: [xsl] How to add a new font

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to add a new font
From: Deirdre Saoirse Moen <deirdre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 12:56:47 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Narasingarao Kommireddi wrote:

> I need to add/show barcode of a number in my form, where the barcode
> can be obtained by setting a certain font. How do i do that in XSL.

Since you've revealed that you're not generating a PDF, but rather an HTML
page, your question really becomes "How do I generate the image?"

Because, unfortunately, you can't rely on the client having the correct
typeface or overruling you on what size they'd like their text. So the
only way to go about it is to generate an image and include that.

Without knowing what your toolchain is, it's hard to provide any further
input than that.

So, are you trying to solve:
1) How to generate an image as a part of an XSLT process?
   (I don't believe it could be done with standard XSLT, but it's entirely
possible it could be done via some extensions, such as those I use to
datestamp my manuscripts)

..or...
2) How to generate the image programmatically at all?

The first could be an XSL-list question, but the latter isn't, really,
except that there are various image libraries for popular languages. I've
used ImageMagick, though I'm not an expert. http://www.imagemagick.org/

--
_Deirdre  web: http://deirdre.net        blog: http://deirdre.org/blog/
yarn: http://fuzzyorange.com    cat's blog: http://fuzzyorange.com/vsd/